The Ark Centre was founded in June 2015 by myself, Sarah Day and my partner Nick Cheshire, parents of 2 children with autism, and was opened as a regulated setting for delivering effective intervention and much-needed support to other families with children with autism.
We first opened the centre with a small team of Senior Behaviour Therapists, a Speech and Language Therapist and an Occupational Therapist. Since then, as word of our success spread, we’ve seen the team flourish and we currently operate with 17 highly trained therapists and an administrator. And we’re still looking to expand in the future!
Our team offer specialised therapy to children with autism and/or social communication difficulties, aged 2-5 years. All of us at The Ark Centre realise the importance of early years intervention for children with autism, to provide the ‘readiness to learn’ skills required to enable them to access future learning opportunities.
So why choose The Ark Centre?
- There is no provision in Essex like it
- It’s multidisciplinary, providing ABA, SLT and OT all under one roof
- Therapy programmes are tailored to each individual child
- Less expensive than home-based programmes with bolt-on therapy
- A social setting, which is important for addressing social difficulties
- Our programmes are fun for the children, as well as effective
Our therapy sessions make a positive, meaningful difference in the lives of both the children we treat, and their families. You can find out more details about the programmes we can offer on our Therapy pages.